The Photographer´s paradise; Iceland is one of the most breathtaking countries in the world and there are many places to photograph.
When is the best time to visit Iceland for photography?
- Use a tripod in almost all places. Not just for Northern Lights but also other winter photography.
- Take spare batteries and try to keep them warm.
- Bring some filters for snow and water reflection.
- Use long exposures, adjust the shutter speed. You can use people or objects for scale and especially with waterfalls and white snowy background.
- Be careful with your equipment and when moving from cold to warm places.
- Use water and weather protection, both for your camera equipment and yourself.
- Dress in layers to stay warm, take good gloves and all the winter „equipment" as a warm cap, scarf, good water, and wind protection clothes.
There are so many great opportunities for photography and Iceland is a photographer's paradise! And it's not just in particular places, wherever you go and all around, you will find so much natural beauty that will stay in your memories forever. Even a simple snow-ball on the random tree.
Bianca Snjezana Glavas from Croatia, former GM in Tourism industry and a student of metaphysics. Moved to Iceland 3 years ago.
Passionate about traveling, photography, swimming and nature.