|• Family rooms available||• Travel/Tour bureau||• Lockers available|
|• Self-catering kitchen||• Laundry facilities||• Café/Bar|
|• Common room(s)||• Free WiFi||• Female dorm|
|• Breakfast served every day||• Travel / Tour bureau|
GPS: 64.1496519, -21.943919999999935
Reykjavík Downtown HI Hostel is located in the city centre, just above the Old Reykjavík Harbour. Within walking distance from most of Reykjavík's monuments and attractions.
Public transport: BSÍ Bus Terminal: Take bus no. 14 to Mýrargata bus stop or walk 20 minutes. Also, very close to Lækjartorg bus terminal, the stop of several other routes.
Parking: You will find metered parking directly outside the hostel which is free after 18:00 and on Sundays. Otherwise, free parking is available a short walk away.
Airport: To and from Keflavík Airport (50 km): FlyBus, Airport Express, and Airport Direct run to a schedule connecting with every flight, and will drop you in one of the special drop-off places, designed for airport shuttle and day/night tour busses. The stops are located in and around the city center and are easily accessible. For our Reykjavik Downtown Hostel, we recommend using Stop 4 - Tryggvagata and you can book your transfer here.
To/from Reykjavík Domestic Airport (3 km): A short taxi drive.
Sea Port: Reykjavík Harbour is located 100 m from the hostel.
- Visit the relaxed and retro Vesturbæjarlaug pool, a short walk from the hostel. The pool offers a diverse variety of hot tubs, a steam bath, a sauna, sunbathing and all-around friendly vibes.
- Visit the Bar at our sister Hostel LOFT at Bankastræti, famous for their terrace and Happy Hour: Grapvine has voted Loft as the Best People-Watching Spot in Reykjavik and ´The Best Place to Start the Night´. Make sure to check out our Event schedule on Loft Facebook. A mix of events every week including live music, stand-up comedy, pub quiz, movie screenings and even speed dating! Watch out for their famous Happy Hour.
- Wander to Grótta, the ex-industrial neighborhood down at the harbour. We love the brunches at Coocoo´s Nest and then there is Valdís, the Ice Cream store!
- Climb the Þúfa hill-sculpture for a view over Esja and Harpa and even Snæfellsjökull.
- Before going grocery shopping, check out the Hostel communual kitchen for food and stuff that fellow travellers have left for you. You might save time and money and discover new tastes.
- Looking for a late Night Bite close by? We strongly recommend Mandi, a syrian kebab spot down the road.
- Close to us you will find Grandi Food Hall offering dishes from all over the world using the best local ingredients.
- The Downtown Team knows about the best places to see and do almost everything. We are excited to direct you to the: best place to buy an authentic souvenir,... best taco in town, ...best place for a fancy meal, ...best place to see the Northern Lights, ... best Secondhand Shop, ..... and so much more!
Get an estimate for your group