|• Family rooms||• Free WiFi||• Lockers available|
|• Suitable for wheelchair users||• Common room(s)||• Laundry facilities|
|• Self-catering kitchen||• Café/Bar||• Luggage storage|
|• Female dorm w/shared or private wc||• Cycle storage||• BBQ|
GPS: 64.146406, -21.874809000000027
Reykjavík City HI Hostel is located in Laugardalur Park close to swimming pools and a campground. You will need 30 minutes to walk to the centre along the seashore. Bikes for rent.
Public transport: BSÍ (Bus Central Station) is on a direct bus line to the Hostel. Take bus no. 14 to City Centre. From City Centre / BSÍ: Take bus no. 14 to Laugarásvegur bus stop.
Parking: We have plenty of free parking onsite.
Airport: To and from Keflavík Airport (50 km): FlyBus and Airport Express run to a schedule connecting with every flight, and will drop you off at the hostel / the airport upon request.
From Reykjavík Domestic Airport (3 km): Take bus no. 15 to Hlemmur, change to bus no. 14 and get off at Laugarásvegur bus stop.
To Reykjavík Domestic Airport: Take bus no. 14 to BSÍ and walk 15 minutes to the service centre.
Sea Port: Reykjavík Harbour is located 3 km from the hostel.
- Grab a fresh locally roasted coffee, sweet and savory meals and join the locals at Dalur – Hostel Café; a cozy-spaced and a family-focused Play Café that opened this summer.
- Soak in the thermal hot pool next door. The Laugardalslaug Pool opens early in the morning and stays open till very late. It is particularly child-friendly with water slides and numerous hot pools.
- Discover the best ice cream & sorbet in Reykjavik just around the corner- all hand-made using local organic milk and seasonal flavours. Pzzzt, the mango is an absolute treat.
- Make the most of Reykjavik with the 1/2/3 day Reykjavik City Card. It opens the doors to public pools, most museums and the city bus. This can be purchased at the reception.
- Our neighboors at Frú Lauga are the only exclusive local and organic shop in Reykjavik. We recommend paying them a visit.
- Before going grocery shopping, check out the Hostel communual kitchen for food and stuff that fellow travellers have left for you. You might save time and money and discover new tastes.
- Kaffi Laugalækur is a local café, offering vegan & vegetarian dishes. A great spot close by.
- Take your family for a walk out to Laugardalur area. The Hostel is located in a leafy leisure area, containing the Laugardalslaug pool, a large park, the botanical gardens, a petting zoo, and various play areas.
- We recommend a visit to the Ásmundarsafn sculpture museum. It's a beautiful building with contemporary displays and a sculpture garden.
- In the summer, you can take a ferry to Viðey Island, in the midst of the Faxaflói Bay. The ferry takes off from the harbor close by.
- Rent a bike. The view on your way to downtown stretches from Esja mountain to Harpa Concert Hall and all the way to Snæfellsjökull.
- Watch out for the Weekly Event Calender at the Hostel Lounge. The staff share what is coming up in town, including the lively schedule at LOFT Hostel, known for its fabulous balcony (some say Loft is without a doubt the best place to sip a beer on a sunny Reykjavik afternoon).
Get an estimate for your group