|• Self-catering kitchen||• Free WiFi||• Luggage storage|
|• Family rooms available||• Cycle storage||• Common room(s)|
|• Suitable for wheelchair users||• BBQ|
GPS: 65.0322952, -14.198497699999962
The hostel is located a 30 minutes' drive from Egilsstaðir. It's located in the centre of the small town.
Public transport: There are regular buses from Egilsstaðir to Breiðdalsvík/Höfn via Reyðarfjörður.
Parking: We have plenty of free parking onsite.
Egilsstaðir Domestic Airport: The airport is 33 km away. Busses run in connection to the flights to Reyðarfjörður.
- Prepare your own meals and mingle with your fellow travellers at the BBQ.
- Relaxing sauna facilities for use for small price.
- A café serving Belgian waffles and crépes - the café's speciality.
- Thermal pool and hot tub in the village.
- Marked hiking trails in the area, varying in length and difficulty.
- The headland of Hólmanes offers stunning views of the fjord and surroundings.
- Try out your angling skills at the local fishing pond.
- Explore the birdlife of the mountain cliffs and peculiar rock formations along the seashore.
- Reyðarjörður was the second largest Allied base in Iceland during World War II and the old camp above town houses a highly interesting museum on WWII and life in Iceland during the war.
Get an estimate for your group