|• Family rooms available||• Free WiFi||• Garden|
|• Suitable for wheelchair users||• Café/Bar||• Common room(s)|
|• Self-catering kitchen||• Meals available||• Sauna|
|• Laundry facilities||• Luggage storage||• Cycle storage|
|• BBQ||• Elevator|
GPS: 64.2181045, -20.733065399999987
The hostel is located an hour's drive from Reykjavík and a 20 minutes' drive from Selfoss and Gullfoss & Geysir.
From Reykjavík: Take road no. 36 to Þingvellir National Park, then road no. 365 until you reach Laugarvatn.
Public transport: There are regular buses (no. 52 and 73) from Reykjavík to Laugarvatn.
Parking: We have plenty of free parking onsite.
- Drive over to Hvalfjörður and hike up to Glymur, the second-tallest waterfall in Iceland at 650 ft high.
- The hostel is located right on the Golden Circle route, with Gullfoss, Geysir and Þingvellir only a short drive away.
- A number of other gems of the south coast are within easy reach of the hostel, including Seljalandsfoss, Vík, Reynisfjara and Sólheimajökull.
- Conquer Mt. Laugarvatnsfjall and enjoy the view over the lake and surrounding area.
- Visit the Laugarvatn Fontana Geothermal Baths and experience the soothing effects of the geothermal hot springs. Soak in the natural pool, relax in the steam rooms to the sound of a bubbling hot spring, or take a dip in the lake outside.
- Take a walk around the village to see the natural hot springs and geothermal areas where the locals bake bread by burying it in the warm earth.
- Visit the thermal swimming pool, ideal for families with small children. Ask about opening hours at the hostel reception.
Get an estimate for your group