|• Family rooms||• Self-catering kitchen||• Lockers available|
|• Hostel open 24h||• Games room||• Café/Bar|
|• Common room(s)||• Free WiFi||• BBQ|
|• Lift||• Suitable for wheelchair users||• Travel/Tour bureau|
|•Female dorm rooms||• Breakfast served every day|
GPS: 64.146844, -21.933833899999968
Reykjavik Loft HI Hostel is located in the city centre, on Reykjavík's main shopping street, and steps away from most of Reykjavík's social areas and attractions.
Public transport: The closest local bus stop is “Laekjartorg” at Lækjargata. The schedules and routes of the local Reykjavík City Bus can be found on www.bus.is.
Reykjavík Bus Central Station (BSÍ) is within walking distance.
Parking: You will find metered parking directly outside the hostel which is free after 18:00 and on Sundays. Otherwise, free parking is available a short walk away.
Airport: To and from Keflavík Airport (50 km): FlyBus and Airport Express run to a schedule connecting with every flight, and will drop you off at the hostel / the airport upon request.
From Reykjavík Domestic Airport (3 km): A short taxi drive.
Sea Port: Reykjavík Harbour is located 300 m from the hostel.
At the hostel and in the area
- The Loft Team knows about the best places to see and do almost everything. We are excited to direct you to the: best place to buy an authentic souvenir,... best taco in town, ...best place for a fancy meal, ...best place to see the Northern Lights, ... best Secondhand Shop, ..... and so much more!
- Loft is known for its balcony, which is no doubt the best place to sip a brew or glass of wine. LOFT Happy Hour is from 16:00 to 20:00 and we offer wine and beer from 750 ISK. So invite your friends in Reykjavik over to ´your place´.
- Walk up the lively street to Hallgrímskirkja Church. If you are not too afraid of heights take the elevator up to the top of the tower and enjoy the spectacular panoramic views of our quirky & colourful city.
- Make sure to check out our Event schedule on Loft Facebook or in the reception when you check in. A mix of events every week including live music, stand-up comedy, pub quiz, movie screenings and even speed dating! Lay back and relax on Sundays and take part in our weekly yoga class.
- Discover the locals bath and visit Sundhöllin Pool close by. Indoor and outdoor pools, hot tubs, steam baths and even a cold pool to plunge into and get your brain cells working at lightning speed!
- Take a walk along the Coast line and admire the award winning architecture of Harpa Concert Hall. Make sure to peek inside for an inside out look of the impressive glass facade.
- Sample some of the best food Iceland has to offer at one of the newly opened food halls. Close to us you will find Hlemmur Food Hall and Grandi Food Hall offering exciting dishes from all over the world using the best local ingredients.
- Climb the Þúfa hill-sculpture for a view over Esja and Harpa and even Snæfellsjökull.
- Before going grocery shopping, check out the Hostel communual kitchen for food and stuff that fellow travellers have left for you. You might save time and money and discover new tastes.
Get an estimate for your group