|• Family rooms available||• Free WiFi||• Cycle storage|
|• Self-catering kitchen||• Common room(s)|
GPS: 64.183024, -15.808252000000039
Vagnsstaðir Hostel is located 53 km west of Höfn, around 300 m from road no. 1.
Public transport: During summer: Daily bus transfer between Reykjavík and Höfn.
Parking: We have plenty of free parking onsite.
- The Jökulsárlón glacial lagoon, only 28 km from the hostel, is among Iceland's most popular natural attractions and for a good reason. Icebergs break off from the glacier and drift into the lagoon, creating a spectacular scene.
- Go bird watching or spot the seals resting on ice floating in the glacier lagoon.
- Visit Þórbergssetur, a cultural museum dedicated to the beloved Icelandic writer Þórbergur Þórðarson and his home district Suðursveit.
- Skaftafell is a preservation area within Vatnajökull National Park, home to some of Iceland's most beautiful landscapes; a contrasting combination of white glaciers, black sands and green meadows.
- Take a stroll along the beach only 1500 m south of the hostel, among the local seals and birdlife.
- Glacier Jeeps – Ice & Adventure, located at Vagnsstaðir, offers adventure tours on Vatnajökull glacier with all necessary equipment included.
Get an estimate for your group