|• Family rooms||• Free WiFi||• Lockers available|
|• Suitable for wheelchair users||• Common rooms||• Luggage storage|
|• Smart TV with video library||• Meals available||• Cycle rental|
|• Self-catering kitchen||• Female dorm|
GPS: 63.8615836, -21.14505299999996
From Reykjavík: Eyrarbakki is about an hour's drive from Reykjavík. You head out to road no. 1 and choose between taking road no. 39 and then no. 34 until you reach Eyrarbakki crossing Ölfusá or you drive to Selfoss and head from there to the south on road no. 34.
From south: Take road no. 34 to the south out of Selfoss.
Public transport: Bus no. 51 or 52 to Selfoss and then no. 75 onwards to Eyrarbakki.
Parking: We have plenty of free parking onsite.
- Take a stroll on the sandy beach near town and around the mouth of the Ölfusá river.
- Visit the nearby town of Hveragerði, known for its bevy of hot springs and locally grown flowers and vegetables. Hike up to Reykjadalur to enjoy the spectacular geothermal landscape and bathe in a natural hot spring.
- Drive along the coast to explore the many geological wonders of the Reykjanes peninsula, including the Blue Lagoon and the Reykjanes UNESCO Global Geopark. Be sure to stop by Strandarkirkja on the way, a little gem of a church by the coast that's well worth a visit.
- The area is known for its horse farms and there are a number of different horse riding tours available.
- The hostel is conveniently located for going on a day tour of the ever popular Golden Circle.
- Take a stroll among the quiet old houses and experience the unique historic atmosphere of the town.
- Visit the local heritage museum at Húsið, one of Iceland's oldest buildings.
- Enjoy a meal at Rauða Húsið restaurant, renowned for its locally caught lobster and fresh seafood.
- There are lagoon kayaking tours available nearby, and a tour into the inner reaches of the Raufarhólshellir lava cave.
- Visit the Ghost Centre at neighbouring village Stokkseyri and have a seafood dinner at Fjöruborðið restaurant.
Get an estimate for your group