|• Family rooms available||• Laundry facilities||• Playground|
|• Self-catering kitchen||• Free WiFi||• BBQ|
|• Common room(s)||• Cycle storage|
GPS: 65.596715, -21.365661000000046
The hostel is located on road no. 68, about 240 km away from Reykjavík and about 35 km south of Hólmavík. Coming from Reykjavík you turn off road no. 1 just north of Staðarskáli in Hrútafjörður and drive 75 km along road no. 68.
Public transport: No daily bus.
Parking: We have plenty of free parking onsite.
- There is a wide selection of hiking routes in the area, from easy trails to more challenging routes for experienced hikers, taking you through a landscape pervaded with power and mystique.
- The charming little village of Hólmavík is only a half hour drive away and has a café, a thermal pool, a convenience store, and last but not least the ever popular Museum of Icelandic Sorcery and Witchcraft.
- There are a number of charming old country churches in the area that are worth a visit. For more information, visit the Hólmavík tourist information centre.
- The hostel's location offers stunning views of the Strandir area.
- Seals are often spotted swimming along the coast, and there is a puffin colony on a small island nearby.
- The diverse landscape of the coastline provides a beautiful backdrop to the hiking trails around the hostel.
- Birdwatching enthusiasts barely need to leave the house, as right near the hostel you might be lucky enough to see eider ducks, black guillemots, ringed plovers, skuas and fulmars – to name a few.
Get an estimate for your group