|• Family rooms available||• Common room(s)||• Self-catering kitchen|
|• Free WiFi||• Lockers available||• Hot tub|
|• Laundry facilities||• BBQ|
GPS: 65.2589109, -21.109852100000012
Sæberg Hostel is located midway between Akureyri and Reykjavík, by road no. 1 (1 km away).
Public transport: During the summer there are two daily buses from Akureyri and Reykjavík and one during the winter. Guests arriving by bus should get off at Reykjaskóli.
Parking: We have plenty of free parking onsite.
- Visit the local history museum only 400 meters away.
- The Sæberg Hostel is located midway between Reykjavík and Akureyri, making it an ideal rest stop on your way either to the South of Iceland or up North.
- The surrounding landscape is beautiful, with many opportunities for hiking and birdwatching.
- The Sæberg Hostel is situated on an old farm, and the proprietors are still active farmers with over 800 sheep as well as cattle and horses.
- The hostel features an outdoor hot tub heated with geothermal water from the local hot spring, offering a beautiful view over the Hrútafjörður bay.
- Within walking distance from the hostel is the local history museum, where you can learn about the traditions and daily life of past generations in the area.
- There are several walking trails in the area around the hostel, perfect for an evening stroll.
Get an estimate for your group