|• Suitable for wheelchair users||• Common room(s)||• BBQ|
|• Self-catering kitchen||• Luggage storage|
GPS: 65.4547046, -22.20010769999999
The hostel is located a 3 hours' drive from Reykjavík, appr. 20 km from road no. 607.
Coming from south: Drive from road no. 1 to road no. 60. When approaching the Westfjords take road no. 607 from road no. 60 to the south.
Coming from Akureyri: In Hrútafjörður you take road no. 59, then switch to road no. 60 at Búðardalur village until you turn to the south (to the right on road no. 607).
Public transport: There are regular buses from Reykjavík to Reykhólar.
Parking: We have plenty of free parking onsite.
- Enjoy the spectacular sights of the southern edge of the Westfjords.
- See the endless red sands of Rauðisandur beach and how its hues change along with the weather.
- Látrabjarg is the westernmost point of Iceland and, arguably, Europe. It is also Europe's largest bird cliff and home to an unfathomable number of birds.
- Visit the quirky Hnjótur folk museum and see its collection of items from the Southern Westfjords, including an old fishing boat, a viking ship, some historic airplanes and other unexpected things.
- Reykhólar is a bird watcher's paradise, featuring almost all bird species that breed in Iceland.
- Near the hostel you will find the unique Reykhólar Sea Baths, where you can soak in the skin softening seaweed and admire the view.
- Learn about the salt production at the Norðursalt factory, where they combine two forces of nature: geothermal energy and the Arctic Ocean.
Get an estimate for your group