|• Family rooms available||• Common room(s)||• Luggage storage|
|• Self-catering kitchen||• Laundry facilities||• Cycle storage|
|• Cycle rental||• BBQ|
GPS: 65.984261, -23.33909689999996
The hostel is located 18 km from Ísafjörður and 4 km from road no. 60. You can request a pick up from Ísafjörður for a reasonable price or a free pick up service from the road junction.
Public transport: There are regular buses in connection with the schedule of the ferry Baldur from Brjánslækur via Patreksfjörður and Látrabjarg to Önundarfjörður. There are also bus connections from Reykjavík to Önundarfjörður via Ísafjörður and Hólmavík.
Parking: We have plenty of free parking onsite.
Airport: There are daily scheduled flights from Reykjavík to Ísafjörður. Pick up service from Ísafjörður to Korpudalur.
- There are plenty of beautiful hiking routes close by. It is lovely to walk up the valleys of Bakkafjall or into Tungudalur or Korpudalur valleys. Or the 15 km traditional hiking route over Álftafjarðarheiði to Álftafjörður fjord. Note that it can be difficult and hazardous to climb the steep lava cliffs to the top of the mountains. Seek local advice on where to go depending on your hiking skills and available time.
- Visit Hvítisandur (e. White Sands) beach opposite Flateyri village on the southern side of Önundarfjörður fjord about 5 km from Korpudalur HI Hostel. The beach compares visually to the best beaches in Europe, but a bathing suit may not be the most sensible clothing at this particular latitude!
- Flateyri village, about 10 km from Korpudalur, is a charming Icelandic fishing village. The fishing industry has always been vital for the villages in the Westfjords, and in Flateyri the tradition of fisheries has successfully been linked to tourism through sea angling that attracts sport anglers from all over the world.
- Korpudalur HI Hostel is the perfect hub for exploring the northern part of the Westfjords. When travelling the Westfjords every turn brings something new, every fjord is its own little world, every mountain competes for your attention.
- Visit Ísafjörður, the cosy little town hidden in the Skutulsfjörður fjord and the main town of the Westfjords. It has a range of restaurants and recreational activities for all budgets and tastes. A golf course, hiking and biking trails, horse riding, bird watching, skiing and kayaking are all within an easy reach.
- There are regular daily ferries to Hornstrandir Nature Reserve during the summer months for the enthusiastic hikers. There are also charming boat trips to the attractive little islands Vigur and Æðey.
Get an estimate for your group