|• Family rooms available||• Common room(s)||• Laundry facilities|
|• Self-catering kitchen||• Luggage storage||• Garden|
|• Cycle storage|
GPS: 66.3018474, -16.446790999999962
The hostel is located 190 km from Akureyri and 4 km from road no. 60.
Public transport: There are regular buses from Akureyri to Kópasker and further up to Þórshöfn.
Parking: We have plenty of free parking onsite.
- The many nature gems in the vicinity of Kópasker make it a perfect location for exploring all the wonders of the North.
- Kópasker is on the coast of Öxarfjörður and only 33 km away you find the magnificent Ásbyrgi – a forested horse-shoe shaped canyon with many interesting hiking routes in the area.
- Dettifoss waterfall, boasting the greatest volume of any waterfall in Europe, is south from Ásbyrgi. It is a must see in the area and there is a very beautiful hiking route, 34 km, that trails along the canyon from Dettifoss to Ásbyrgi.
- The local folk museum displays a unique collection of objects demonstrating daily life in the 19th and 20th centuries.
- Kópasker is a small village which was built around services for the surrounding sheep farms.
- Folk museum at Snarastaðir.
- The Earthquake Centre is an interesting exhibition of photographs and other materials connected to the seismic activity in Öxarfjörður in 1975, the Kópasker earthquake on January 13th 1976 and the volcanic eruptions at Krafla 1975-1984.
Get an estimate for your group