|• Family rooms available||• Laundry facilities||• Self-catering kitchen|
|• Suitable for wheelchair users||• Free WiFi||• Common room(s)|
|• Luggage storage||• Cycle storage||• Garden|
GPS: 64.262153, -15.212206000000037
The hostel is in the middle of town.
Public transport: Daily buses run from Reykjavík to Höfn and during the summer months also from Höfn up to Egilsstaðir/Mývatn/Akureyri.
Parking: We have plenty of free parking onsite.
Airport: There are daily scheduled flights from Reykjavík to Höfn.
- Vatnajökull National Park offers plenty of opportunities for adventure, including various glacier exploration tours, horse riding tours and spectacular hiking trails.
- Höfn is a good starting point for a hike in Lónsöræfi, one of Iceland's best kept secrets.
- There are a number of interesting hiking trails around Höfn, hunting for waterfalls in valleys like Laxárdalur or hiking up one of the several mountains in the area for a view over Vatnajökull glacier.
- Höfn means harbour, and the harbour area is undoubtedly the heart of the town. The fishing industry at Höfn is diverse, but most prominent is the much sought after Norway lobster. There is an annual lobster festival, and having lobster in one of the local restaurants is a must.
- Drive over to Stokksnes for a view of the spectacular Vestrahorn mountain and spot seals resting by the beach.
- Höfn has a modern thermal pool with three slides, a wading pool and two hot tubs.
Get an estimate for your group