|• Family rooms available||• Free WiFi||• Laundry facilities|
|• Self-catering kitchen||• Garden||• Common room(s)|
GPS: 65.9711401, -18.52914199999998
The hostel is located by the main street in the centre of town.
Public transport: Weekdays: Buses run between Ólafsfjörður and Akureyri.
Parking: We have plenty of free parking onsite.
Sea port: The hostel is situated just above Dalvík harbour where you will find the ferry to Grímsey island and the Arctic Circle and to Hrísey, the Pearl of Eyjafjörður.
Akureyri Airport: Airport (45 km). There are at least 5 daily flights between Reykjavík and Akureyri.
- Choose from a number of interesting hiking trails in the area, including the hike around Ólafsfjarðarmúli with its beautiful panoramic views.
- The family-owned Kaldi Brewery is located just outside of Dalvík and offers brewery tours every day upon request, where you can literally bathe in beer.
- Visit the Birdland exhibition at Húsabakki or go birdwatching in the nearby nature reserve.
- Visit the neighbouring town of Siglufjörður, a beautiful fishing town where you will find the award winning Herring Era Museum and the Icelandic Folk Music Centre as well as colourful cafés and restaurants.
- Go whale watching at the small villages of Hauganes and Hjalteyri. The latter also offers extraordinary diving tours and courses for different skill levels.
- Go horse riding with Tvistur Horse Rental in the beautiful valley of Svarfaðardalur, just south of Dalvík.
- Take the ferry from Dalvík to Grímsey, an island on the edge of the Arctic Circle that is home to a hundred people and a million seabirds.
- Visit Hvoll Folk Museum and learn about Jóhann Svarfdælingur, the tallest man ever born in Iceland and the tallest man in the world at one point. There is also a natural history exhibition and a big old stuffed polar bear, for an overall interesting experience.
- Go on a whale watching tour with a twist. Arctic Sea Tours offer whale watching tours that include birdwatching, sea angling and the opportunity to taste freshly caught fish.
- Check out the harbour area and the old town church, and visit the charming little Gísli, Eiríkur, Helgi café for coffee and cake.
- Go swimming in the beautifully situated local thermal pool.
Get an estimate for your group