During July and August 2022 a pop up Restaurant will take over the cozy dinner room and bar.
The chefs from Forrettabarinn Restaurant will then serve an ever changing menu inspired by local ingredients.
Róbert Ólafsson owner and head chef at Forrettabarinn in Reykjavík is born and raised in Berunes and his restaurant is one of the best rated and busiest local in downtown Reykjavík. www.forrettabarinn.is
For table reservation in Berunes https://www.dineout.is/berunes?lng=en
|• Family rooms available||• Common room(s)||• Luggage storage|
|• Self-catering kitchen||• Laundry facilities||• Café/Bar|
|• Suitable for wheelchair users||• Free WiFi||• Meals available|
|• Cycle storage||• BBQ|
GPS: 64.6986853, -14.25600600000007
Berunes is 300 m up from road no. 1.
From south: The drive from Djúpivogur (the village at the other side of the long fjord Berufjörður), takes around 40 minutes.
From north: If you are driving from Egilsstaðir you have 3 ways to reach Berunes; 1) Road no. 96 along the coast. 118 km. 2). Road no. 1 down Breiðdalur. 105 km. 3). A rough mountain road (check road conditions) no. 939 called "Öxi". 82 km.
Public transport: Daily buses during summertime between Höfn and Egilsstaðir and further up to Mývatn and Akureyri.
Parking: We have plenty of free parking onsite.
- Feel the mystique of the pyramid-shaped Mt. Búlandstindur, counted among the few power centres of the country. The strenuous hike to the top (1069 m) will be rewarded with a breathtaking view.
- Experience the rich birdlife of Djúpivogur peninsula and along the coast. We provide bird watching pamphlets with a guiding map.
- Discover Teigarhorn farm, probably the world's most renowned zeolite source, housing a crystal exhibition.
- For some local craftsmanship, visit the sculptor museum and gallery Langabúð in Djúpivogur.
- Visit Papey island for puffin and seal watching. A guided tour includes a visit to Iceland's oldest and smallest wooden church.
- Explore the remarkable Petra's Stone Museum in the village of Stöðvarfjörður.
- Fulfil your dream and take a guided horse tracking tour at Odin Tours at Höskuldsstaðir, Breiðdalur. During the summer season they ride 24/7 due to the midnight sun.
- Soak in the local thermal pool at Djúpivogur.
- Hike up Mt. Steinketill (800 m) above the farm and stroll along the coastline, rich in birdlife and rock formations.
- Watch out for a concert at Havarí on the next farm or just drop by at their café.
- Visit Berunes church and breathe in the history.
- Stay and enjoy the tranquillity of the surroundings along with the unique choice of accommodation and ambitious settings.
Get an estimate for your group