Escape to the hauntingly beautiful landscapes of Iceland’s Eastfjords to see wild reindeer in their natural habitat. Reindeer were imported to Iceland in the 18th century and today can only be found in East Iceland. Sightings are best in summer or in winter when the herds migrate into the valleys.
Led by a local specialist guide, this 4-hour tour is a safe opportunity for a personal wilderness experiences. By tracking wild reindeer, get to know the lives of these extraordinary animals which master the northern climate.
Along the way foster a connection with the Icelandic nature and enjoy sweeping views of snow streaked mountains divided by deep fjords.
Included: Transfer and English speaking guide.
Not included: Lunch and drinks.
- Reservation is necessary.
- Please advice when booking if pick up is in Breiðdalsvík or Egilsstaðir. Departure times are different.
- Please advice if you wish to order lunch pack for 3000 ISK.
- If the weather does not permit visibility we reserve the right to cancel the tour for full refund or modify it into a different excursion if preferred.
- Due to weather and/or road conditions we might have to alter the itinerary, have longer journey time or cancellation of the tour.
- Please note that we cannot guarantee that we will find reindeers but we will do our very best and chances are always in our favor.
- If you are more then 12 adults please contact us for tour bookings.
- If you want to buy a lunch pack please advise when you book the tour. Additional cost will apply.