Dynjandi Waterfall and tour around the Westfjords
Dynjandi is one of Iceland’s most impressive & majestic waterfalls, and one of the icons of The Westfjords. It is part of a tier of 7 waterfalls, each with their own name. The top tier is called Dynjandi which means “thunderous”.
The tour starts from Ísafjörður by driving straight to the beautiful Dynjandi waterfall. There we stop for up to an hour to enjoy the wonderful views of the waterfall and Arnarfjordur fjord, and listen to the soothing sound of Dynjandi tumbling down the mountain in a series of seven waterfalls.
The top tier is certainly the most impressive but each one of the other six is unique in its own right! We highly recommend doing the easy hike up to the top tier for a magnificent view.
On our way back we make some stops in the western Westfjords to admire some beautiful beaches, scenic fjords and charming fishing villages.
If you select this tour as a day tour from Reykjavík, then your itinerary will be as follows:
- Pickup from your accommodation in Reykjavík and transfer by taxi to Reykjavík Domestic Airport
- Flight from Reykjavík Domestic Airport to Ísafjörður
- Pickup at Ísafjörður airport
- 7-8 hours sightseeing tour from Ísafjörður, and afterwards you will be dropped off in Ísafjörður, where you can spend several hours exploring this charming fjord town
- Pickup from Ísafjörður and transfer to Ísafjörður Airport
- Domestic flight from Ísafjörður to Reykjavík
- Taxi transfer between Reykjavík Domestic Airport to your accommodation in Reykjavík
Please note that we give a 100% refund for this tour if your domestic flight doesn't land in time or your cruise ship can't dock due to weather.
Departures on Tuesdays, Thursdays and Saturdays from early May to late September. Small group tour with up to 16 participants per tour group.
Sightseeing tour to Dynjandi Waterfall.
English speaking driver guide for groups of 9 and less.
English speaking guide & separate driver for groups of 10-16.
Pickup and dropoff in Isafjordur town or airport.
With departure from Reykjavik, the following are additionally included:
Return transfers from your accommodation in Reykjavík to Reykjavik Domestic Airport.
Return flights Reykjavík-Ísafjörður.
Transfer from Ísafjörður Airport to our office in the town of Ísafjörður if flight arrival is more than 40 min before tour departure or pick up from the airport if arrival is less than 40 min before tour departure.
Transfer from Ísafjörður to Ísafjörður Airport for the evening flight.
Warm clothes suitable for Icelandic weather, preferably including waterproof jacket and pants.
Don't forget your camera!