|• Family rooms available||• Common room(s)||• Café/Bar|
|• Free WiFi||• Laundry facilities||• Luggage storage|
|• Hostel open 24h||• Self-catering kitchen||• Meals available|
GPS: 63.44093979999999, -20.268101099999967
Vestmannaeyjar HI Hostel is located in the village centre, close to the harbour.
Public transport: No buses are connected to the Island. Public buses run around the island.
Parking: We have plenty of free parking onsite.
Airport: There are daily flights between Reykjavík Domestic Airport and Vestmannaeyjar as well as between Bakki (close to harbour) and Vestmannaeyjar. That flight takes a mere 10 minutes.
Sea Port: The ferryplace is Landeyjarhöfn and it connects to Vestmannaeyjar 4-5 times a day.
- Heimaey is home to some of the best restaurants outside of Reykjavík.
- The swimming pool at Brimhólabraut offers something for everyone: kids, swimmers and those who just want to kick back in a hot tub at the end of the day.
- In January 1973, the Eldfell volcano at Heimaey erupted, burying nearly 400 buildings in ash and forcing an immediate evacuation of the island. The award-winning Eldheimar museum exhibition tells the story of the eruption and showcases the most fascinating historical remains.
- The islanders are known for their unique local traditions revolving around bird hunting, egg collecting and cliff rappelling.
- Vestmannaeyjar is home to one of the world's most extraordinary golf courses.
- There are a variety of tours available year round, boat tours around the island, hiking tours and more.
Get an estimate for your group