|• Family rooms available||• Laundry facilities||• Common room(s)|
|• Self-catering kitchen||• Luggage storage||• BBQ|
GPS: 63.5272297, -19.51113989999999
Skógar HI Hostel is located below Skógar waterfall, 200 m from road no. 1, approx. 200 km from Reykjavík.
Public transport During summer: Bus transfer between Reykjavík and Skógar twice per day. From Skógar to Höfn there is a bus that runs once per day in winter 3 times per week.
Parking: We have plenty of free parking onsite.
- Visit the Rútshellir cave, a peculiar man-made contraption with an interesting history.
- Take a swim in the legendary Seljavallalaug, an outdoor swimming pool built into a beautiful little valley.
- Check out the Eyjafjallajökull Erupts Visitor Centre, an exhibition on the notorious volcano that nobody can pronounce.
- Go on a hiking tour on Sólheimajökull with Arctic Adventures.
- Visit the Skógar Museum and the adjoining Museum of Transport and Communication.
- You can see the Skógafoss waterfall easily from the ring road, but we recommend getting a closer look for the full on experience.
- Hike from Skógar to Fimmvörðuháls and back, or continue to Þórsmörk/Landmannalaugar.
Get an estimate for your group