|• Free WiFi||• Common room(s)||• Games room|
|• Family rooms available||• Laundry facilities||• Suitable for wheelchair users|
|• Self-catering kitchen||• Meals available||• Luggage storage|
|• Lift||• BBQ|
GPS: 63.936971, -20.99386400000003
Selfoss HI Hostel is located in the city centre, on road no. 1.
Public transport: Daily buses from Reykjavík to Selfoss and further a few times a day.
Parking: We have plenty of free parking onsite.
- Go on a hike in Reykjadalur valley and bathe in the hot springs.
- Hiking opportunities in the area in addition to Reykjadalur include Mt. Ingólfsfjall, Hellisskógur woodland and the Ásavegur trail.
- Visit the Flói bird reserve, where approx. 70 different bird species have been recorded since its founding in 1997.
- You are spoilt for choice when it comes to horse riding tours in the area around Selfoss, with a number of horse farms offering a wide variety of tours.
- Go river rafting in Hvítá.
- Take a day or two to explore Þingvellir National Park, Geysir, Gullfoss and other attractions that make up the famous Golden Circle.
- Visit the local geothermal swimming pool, only 350 m from the hostel.
- Visit the Bobby Fischer Center, chronicling the life of the eccentric chess player that famously beat reigning world champion Boris Spassky in 1972 in Reykjavík in a match generally referred to as the match of the century.
- Shop for locally made handicrafts at Handverksskúrinn.
- Go on an organised day tour with Iceland South Coast Travel or Iceland Activities, or any of the several tour companies operating in the area.
Get an estimate for your group