Enjoy the beauty and silence of Eskifjordur
Slow down in East Iceland and visit the seaside village Eskifjörður, in the middle of the eastern Fjords. The mountains Eskja and Hólmatindur dominate the fjord. Hólmatindur - 985 metres above sea level - is the pride and joy of the locals. Since village culture and industry have been shaped by the sea for a long time, a walk around town is recommended, noting the historical buildings and piers. Norwegian influence is easily detected in Eskifjörður. Anyone who likes hiking, outdoor adventures, or simply just filling their lungs with unbelievably fresh air will love a visit to the East.
Good to know
Basic store available / near the hostel.
Free public parking on-site.
|• Self-catering kitchen||• Free WiFi||• Luggage storage|
|• Family rooms available||• Café / Bar||• Lounge/Common area|
|• Suitable for wheelchair users||• BBQ||• Restaurant|
At the hostel
- Gamlabúð, built in 1816, houses the Maritime Museum of East Iceland.
- A swimming pool with hot pots and a sauna is located in Eskifjörður.
- 9-hole golf course is situated at Byggðarholt, 1 km from town.
- Steinasafn Sörens og Sigurborgar, a stone collection in a private home.
In the area
- Marked hiking trails in the area, varying in length and difficulty.
- Organised hiking tours to deserted fjords.
- Salmon fishing in the river Eskifjarðará.
- Vöðlavík, the deserted bay with a black sandy beach
Eskifjordur HI Hostel is well suited to serve groups and provides quality, secure and affordable accommodation to all types of groups.
The hostel welcomes groups of up to 20 people all year round.
Get an estimate for your group
Facilities and Services for Groups
Dorm room and private rooms.
Bed linen & towels included.
Self-catering facilities, kitchen and dining area.
Breakfast and dinner can be arranged.
You can book the hostel for your group.
We will be happy to discuss the options available to you and your group.