Böðvarsholt Country Hostel is in the middle of the south side of Snæfellsnes Peninsula. It is a good place to stay when travelling around Snæfellsnes; the hostel is located near Snæfellsjökull National Park with all its wonders and unique nature. Enjoy all the area has to offer, such as horse riding, hiking, theatre, nature pools, and so much more only a short distance away from the hostel. Magnificent views over beautiful nature: glacier, mountains, lava, and the ocean right from our doorstep!
Our hostel is in a old classic Icelandic farmhouse with five bedrooms, kitchen and bathrooms. Enjoy the evening sun on the deck or hike around the area - the opportunities are endless.
|• Free WiFi||• Hostel open 24h||• Common rooms|
|• Self-catering kitchen||• BBQ||• Lounge / Common area|
|• Bike storage|
GPS: +64° 50′ 45.60″, -23° 20′ 14.82
Böðvarsholt is about two hours' drive from Reykjavík. Follow the ring road towards Borgarnes, and road no. 54 from Borgarnes towards Snæfellsnes peninsula. Continue on that road and you will find Böðvarsholt on the right-hand side further along.
Public transport: Unfortunately, there is no bus that passes by the hostel, but you can take one as far as to Arnarstapi (25 km away) or to Vegamót (25 km away). Further information on straeto.is.
Parking: We have plenty of free parking on-site.
- Lýsulaugar is the local pool with natural geothermal water. The water is unique because it is rich in minerals and algae that makes it soothing and relaxing.
- Snæfelljökull National Park is only 26 km away; the park's visitor centre is at Malarrif and there you can get all the information you need for a great day surrounded by beautiful nature.
- On the north side of Snæfellsnes Peninsula, there are a few small fishing towns that are worth a visit. There you can find shops, restaurants, museums, and more.
- Arnarstapi is a small village close to the national park. There you can find picturesque views and a lot of birdlife.
- Búðir is a place you must visit in our area. There, you will find black lavafield famous for its various plantlife, sandy beaches, and a small black church with great history.
- Böðvarsholt is located on a farm by the mountains on the south side of Snæfellsnes Peninsula. From the hostel, you can take short hikes or a walk around the fields.
- You can relax on the patio or play outdor games that are provided. And who knows, maybe Perla the dog will join you?
Get an estimate for your group