|• Free WiFi||• BBQ||• Laundry facilities|
|• Self-catering kitchen||• Family rooms available||• Common room(s)|
GPS: 65.9117195, -17.40549329999999
From Akureyri: Árbót is located 20 km south of Húsavík. About 15 km south of Húsavík turn onto road 8515 and there is a sign to Árbót.
Public transport: Daily buses running Akureyri – Egilsstaðir.
Parking: We have plenty of free parking onsite.
- Explore the legendary Mývatn area and its strange world of lava formations, volcanic craters, hot springs and diverse bird life.
- East of Mývatn you will find Dimmuborgir, a magical collection of volcanic caves and lava formations that have to be seen to be believed.
- Enjoy the relaxing outdoor baths and steam rooms at Mývatn Natural Baths with views over the Mývatn area.
- Admire the majestic Dettifoss, the most powerful waterfall in Europe, and don't miss its beautiful cousin Goðafoss, another famous waterfall in the area.
- Ásbyrgi is a true natural wonder and a favourite among Icelanders. According to the legend, the horseshoe-shaped canyon was shaped by the hoof print of Sleipnir, the horse of Odin.
- Húsavík is known as one of the best whale watching locations in the world, with a variety of whale watching tours to choose from. When you're back from the tour, visit the amazing whale museum and enjoy a meal at one of the local restaurants.
Get an estimate for your group