Culture and Adventure
You can book the cottages and the cabin here
|• Family rooms||• Common room(s)/Lounge||• Self-catering kitchen|
|• Suitable for wheelchair users||• Free WiFi||• Garden|
|• Lockers available||• Luggage storage||• Ourdoor furniture|
|• Bike and ski storage||• Laundry service||• BBQ|
|• Tour desk|
GPS: 65.69112, -18.10617
Akureyri is situated along road number 1.
Public transport: Daily buses running Reykjavík – Akureyri and Akureyri – Egilsstaðir. The Akureyri City Buses are free.
Parking: We have plenty of free parking onsite.
Airport: There are at least 5 daily flights between Reykjavík and Akureyri.
- Go on a whale watching tour parting from Akureyri or nearby villages such as Hjalteyri (20 km), Hauganes (33 km) and Húsavík (93 km).
- Travel back in time by visiting Gásir, the remains of a Viking Age trading post.
- Outdoor recreational area in Kjarnaskógur forest, about 3 km south of Akureyri.
- The Old Farmhouse Laufas to see how Icelandic people lived in the 19th century.
- Cross the Arctic Circle and visit Grímsey island, which stands alone far out on the horizon. This spectacular island is home to one hundred people – and one million seabirds.
- Hrisey, a peaceful island in the middle of Eyjafjörður.
- The uninhabited Glerárdalur valley offers a variety of exciting hiking routes, like up the mountain Súlur to enjoy the spectacular view over Eyjafjörður and the valley.
- Choose from a variety of guided hiking or snowshoeing tours.
- Horse riding tours are popular in this area.
- During winter, go skiing in Mt. Hlíðarfjall, just above town.
- Go for Northern Lights hunting.
- Check out some of Akureyri's many restaurants and cafés.
- Akureyrarkirkja, the symbol of the town and must-see church.
- Soak in the outdoor geothermal swimming pool.
- Explore a great variety of museums such as the Akureyri Art Museum, Nonnahús - Jón Sveinsson Memorial Museum, the Aviation Museum and the Industrial Museum.
- Into The Arctic exhibition gives a good insight into the life in the north.
- Walk through the old town of Akureyri.
- Visit the Culture and Conference Center in Akureyri, HOF.
- Choose from a variety of walking tours with interesting sights and stories.
- Take a walk in the botanical garden, popular with visitors and locals alike.
Get an estimate for your group