Relax and Play on the Seashore
|• Family rooms available||• Free WiFi||• Cycle storage|
|• Self-catering kitchen||• Luggage storage||• Garden|
|• Common room(s)|
GPS: 64.315417, -22.086829
Akranes is less than an hour's drive from Reykjavík on the ring road towards the west.
Public transport: Daily bus no. 57 from Reykjavík to Akureyri passes Akranes on its route.
Parking: We have plenty of free parking onsite.
- Walk down to Langisandur Beach.
- Hike up Mt. Akrafjall for a fantastic view over the area. A less challenging trail lies along the river Berjadalsá up to Berjadalur valley.
- Visit the old and charming Akranesviti lighthouse. Afterwards, a walk along the harbour makes for a great photo opportunity.
- Explore the rich birdlife of the Akranes peninsula, comprising both seabirds and wading birds.
- Learn about the town's history at the local folk museum.
- Drive into Hvalfjörður fjord and hike up to Iceland's highest waterfall, Glymur.
- Explore the natural wonders of Borgarfjörður, such as Deildartunguhver hot spring, Barnafoss and Hraunfossar waterfalls, the historical site of Reykholt and the recreational area Húsafell.
- Akranes is a perfect hub for a day trip to Reykjavík with its variety of attractions. Drive, cycle, take the bus or the ferry.
Get an estimate for your group