1. Who we are
HI Iceland / Farfuglar ses provides a wide range of hostel accommodation and programmes and is a non-profit membership organisation with a mission to support sustainable and responsible tourism, as well as cultural diversity.
HI Iceland is a data controller and a data processor in terms of the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR).
2. How we collect your information
Information about you will be collected by HI Iceland in a number of ways:
- When you book accommodation
- When you submit a general enquiry via our website
- When you send a request regarding accommodation, Hostel & Car Combo, Groups, customised tour and activities
- When you join as a member
- When you volunteer
- When you contact us
- When you take part in surveys, events and competitions
- When you use our websites
- When you interact with us through social media or email
- When you book our accommodation through third party websites
- When you are involved in an accident or incident at one of our properties
3. What personal information we collect
HI Iceland may collect the following types of personal data about you:
- Name and contact information (address, email and telephone number)
- Date of birth
- Payment details
- Identification details, such as your passport
- Medical information
- Details of other people associated with a booking or membership
- Information relating to your online interaction with HI Iceland, for example the pages you visit on our websites, your IP address, device and browser type, as well as social media interactions
4. How we use the information we collect
We use your personal information in the following ways:
- To confirm and remind you of your reservations
- To provide the services you have requested
- To manage your volunteering and membership
- To record your interactions with us
- To contact you by email, post, text message or phone with relevant communications about our products and services, such as newsletters, surveys and promotions
- To personalise the services and communications we offer to you
- To help inform and improve the relevance of our online advertising
- To analyse data so that we can better understand customer and supporter behaviour, trends and the impact of our activities
- To inform future product and service development
- To record any accidents or incidents that you may have been involved in or witnessed at one of our properties
Where we process your personal information, it may be held by HI Iceland or by trusted third party companies which processes it on our behalf.
5. How long we keep your information
We retain your personal information for as long as it is needed to fulfil the service you requested. In some cases we must retain it in order to meet our legal obligations for reporting (for example, retaining financial records for up to seven years).
When your information is no longer required we will delete it securely.
We may retain information about customers whose conduct has been anti-social or breached our policies, for the purpose of restricting those customers’ future use of our services.
6. How we keep your information safe
We follow good security practices (including appropriate technical and organisational measures) in the processing, storage and disclosure of information which you have given us. We monitor your information where practical to do so to check that it is accurate and up to date.
Our security procedures mean that we will need to confirm your identity before we are able to discuss your membership, bookings or other queries.
7. Disclosing your information to other organisations
Some of our hostels are operated by organisations other than HI Iceland. Where you make a booking or enquiry about those hostels, we will pass your information on for the purpose of providing the services or information you have requested.
We may use trusted third parties to process your information on our behalf and when we do, appropriate data privacy contracts will be in place. We will only transfer your personal information on the understanding that the third party has undertaken to us that they have in place adequate technical and organisational measures to protect that information.
The data that we collect from you may be transferred to, processed or stored at, a trusted third party destination outside the European Economic Area ("EEA").
We may release your information to the police or other authorities where we are under a legal obligation to do so.
We may engage with trusted third parties to analyse data about our customers, supporters and website users in order to provide us with greater insight into customer and supporter behaviour for the purpose of informing future developments.
We may also provide anonymous statistics to reputable third parties for the purpose of analysis. These statistics will not include any personal information.
8. Your rights
You may, at any time:
- Ask us what information we hold about you and what we are doing with it
- Request copies of the information we hold about you
- Ask us to correct your information if it is inaccurate
- Request that we delete your information
- Ask us to change the way we process your information
- Object to our processing of your information
- Change how we communicate with you
If you have a complaint about our use of your information, we would prefer you to contact us directly in the first instance so that we can address your complaint. However, you can also contact the Icelandic Data Protection Authority via their website at https://www.personuvernd.is/information-in-english/
If you want to unsubscribe from HI Iceland emails, you will find an unsubscribe link on the footer of our newsletter.
10. How to get in touch
HI Iceland / Farfuglar ses
Reg nr. 470312-1060
Last Updated 15 August 2019