|• Family rooms available||• Self-catering kitchen||• Garden|
|• BBQ||• Common room(s)||• Cycle storage|
GPS: 65.5475541, -14.474532599999975
Húsey is located 55 km from Egilsstaðir and 30 km from road no. 1. You take road no. 925 from road no. 1 (turning near the bridge over Jökulsá á Dal), then turn onto road no. 926. The gravel part of the road is passable by all types of cars all year.
Public transport: No buses run to Húsey. You can get off the bus on road no. 1 and get picked up at the byway to Húsey for a fair fee upon request.
Parking: We have plenty of free parking onsite.
- On the riverbanks around the hostel you can expect to see seals in their natural habitat.
- If you are lucky, you might catch a glimpse of the Arctic reindeer that sometimes wander into the area.
- In autumn and winter, the area is a great place to see the northern lights.
- The folks at Húsey have a horse rental.
- Húsey is a bird colony and the birdlife around the hostel is spectacular. Among the birds you will find there are the Arctic skua, the Arctic tern, the black-tailed godwit, the common redshank, the whimbrel, and the red-necked phalarope.
- In and around Húsey there are around 175 species of plants, the national average for an area of this size being around 90.
- Seal Watching on Horseback, is a specific guided horse riding tour offered daily at 10.00 hrs and 17.00 hrs. This ride takes you to the best places for watching seals and you will also be able to see many different species of birds and find out quite a lot about the surrounding countryside.
Get an estimate for your group