Good to know
We are proud to support our community with offering local breakfast and organic every change we get.
|• Family rooms available||• Common room(s)||• Cycle storage|
|• Free WiFi||• Two self-catering kitchen|
GPS: 64.538054, -21.921340099999952
Borgarnes is about an hour's drive from Reykjavík on the ring road towards the west.
Public transport: Daily bus no. 57 from Reykjavík to Akureyri passes Borgarnes on its route.
Parking: We have plenty of free parking onsite.
- Walk around town. Spend some time in the beautiful and somewhat hidden bay Englendingavík (Bay of the English), which is surprisingly sheltered from wind and offers great photo opportunities.
- Get to know Skallagrímsgarður public park that plays an important role in Egil's Saga, as the burial mound of Skallagrímur Kveldúlfsson, Egil's father, is located there.
- The public pool in Borgarnes is particularly child-friendly with three water slides and three hot pots.
- The Settlement Center is by itself a good reason to visit Borgarnes, teeming with tales from Egil's Saga, one of the better-known Icelandic sagas, and facts about the settlement of Iceland in the 9th century. We recommend the restaurant by the Settlement Center.
- Enjoy a full day of sightseeing, exploring the natural wonders of Borgarfjörður such as Deildartunguhver hot spring, the Barnafoss and Hraunfossar waterfalls, the Reykholt historical site and the recreational area of Húsafell, a leafy paradise close to glaciers and the highlands.
- Another day full of interest entails a drive to lake Skorradalsvatn where it is possible to fish if you have purchased the Fishing Card. This beautiful area is characterized by birch trees and a serene atmosphere. From here, head to Hvalfjörður fjord and hike up to Glymur, Iceland's highest waterfall with stunning views along the way.
- Borgarnes is also a perfect hub for a full day adventure at Snæfellsnes peninsula to view the wonders of the national park, spectacular lava formations, rich birdlife, towering mountains and different kinds of beaches and sea cliffs, all under the majestic Snæfellsjökull glacier/volcano.
Get an estimate for your group