|• Family rooms available||• Common room(s)||• Luggage storage|
|• Self-catering kitchen||• Laundry facilities||• Café/Bar|
|• Suitable for wheelchair users||• Free WiFi||• Meals available|
|• Cycle storage||• BBQ|
GPS: 64.6986853, -14.25600600000007
Berunes is 300 m up from road no. 1.
From south: The drive from Djúpivogur (the village at the other side of the long fjord Berufjörður), takes around 40 minutes.
From north: If you are driving from Egilsstaðir you have 3 ways to reach Berunes; 1) Road no. 96 along the coast. 118 km. 2). Road no. 1 down Breiðdalur. 105 km. 3). A rough mountain road (check road conditions) no. 939 called "Öxi". 82 km.
Public transport: Daily buses during summertime between Höfn and Egilsstaðir and further up to Mývatn and Akureyri.
Parking: We have plenty of free parking onsite.
- Feel the mystique of the pyramid-shaped Mt. Búlandstindur, counted among the few power centres of the country. The strenuous hike to the top (1069 m) will be rewarded with a breathtaking view.
- Experience the rich birdlife of Djúpivogur peninsula and along the coast. We provide bird watching pamphlets with a guiding map.
- Discover Teigarhorn farm, probably the world's most renowned zeolite source, housing a crystal exhibition.
- For some local craftsmanship, visit the sculptor museum and gallery Langabúð in Djúpivogur.
- Visit Papey island for puffin and seal watching. A guided tour includes a visit to Iceland's oldest and smallest wooden church.
- Explore the remarkable Petra's Stone Museum in the village of Stöðvarfjörður.
- Fulfil your dream and take a guided horse tracking tour at Odin Tours at Höskuldsstaðir, Breiðdalur. During the summer season they ride 24/7 due to the midnight sun.
- Soak in the local thermal pool at Djúpivogur.
- Hike up Mt. Steinketill (800 m) above the farm and stroll along the coastline, rich in birdlife and rock formations.
- Watch out for a concert at Havarí on the next farm or just drop by at their café.
- Visit Berunes church and breathe in the history.
- Stay and enjoy the tranquillity of the surroundings along with the unique choice of accommodation and ambitious settings.
Get an estimate for your group