|• Family rooms available||• Common room(s)||• Garden|
|• Self-catering kitchen||• Laundry facilities||• BBQ|
|• Free WiFi|
GPS: 65.95566389999999, -17.545866400000023
From Akureyri: Driving from Húsavík Airport, turn left onto road no. 85, direction Akureyri/Mývatn. Turn right onto road no. 852 and there you will see road signs to "Berg" and "Sandur" - and drive 7 km to our hostel.
Public transport: Daily buses running Akureyri – Egilsstaðir.
Parking: We have plenty of free parking onsite.
- Explore the beautiful Mývatn area and its world of unique lava formations, volcanic craters, hot springs and diverse birdlife.
- Visit Dimmuborgir (Dark Castles), a magical area of lava rocks, cliffs and caves. Its spectacular geological formations are truly one of a kind.
- Relax in the outdoor baths and steam rooms at Mývatn Nature Baths while enjoying the spectacular view over the Mývatn area.
- Admire the majestic Dettifoss, Europe's most powerful waterfall.
- Make sure not to miss Goðafoss, another beautiful waterfall in the area.
- Visit the natural wonder Ásbyrgi. According to legend, the canyon was shaped by the hoof print of the horse of Odin, the chief god of Norse mythology.
- Spend a day or two in the town of Húsavík. Visit the amazing whale museum and enjoy a meal at one of the local restaurants.
- Choose from a variety of whale watching tours from Húsavík, which is considered among the world's best whale watching locations. A carbon neutral tour is available.
- Relax and recharge your batteries at the hostel located at the edge of a lava field and surrounded by beautiful nature and diverse birdlife.
- Pick one of the many trails around the lava field for a nice evening walk or enjoy the extraordinary view from the hostel over the nearby Skjálfandi bay and Kinnarfjöll mountains.
Get an estimate for your group