General information for booking groups in Reykjavík
In order to make your stay at the Reykjavík Hostels as pleasant as possible, we kindly ask you to familiarize yourself with the following information. Please pass the necessary information on to the members of your group.
• The hostel reception is open from 8:00 - 24:00
• The lobby door is open from 7:00 – 24:00. During the night you can use your keycard to enter.
• In case of a problem with the keycard ring the doorbell to get in contact with the night receptionist.
• Breakfast is served between 7:00/7:30 – 9:30/10:00.
• Early breakfast can be arranged if needed. Please make the arrangements with the reception the day before.
House rules and safety
• One keycard is provided for each guest. Please be sure to take the keycard with you when leaving the room.
• The key is also valid for the front door during the night and the guest kitchen.
• Smoking is not allowed anywhere in the building or the guest kitchen.
• Causing the fire alarm to be set of for any reason will result in a fine.
• The rooms will be checked daily and cleaned every second day unless specified otherwise.
• We expect to find all waste in waste bins and reasonable conditions in the rooms to be able to move around and clean.
• Be considerate to other guests and respect the resting hours, especially after 23:00.
• Please follow the instructions in the guest kitchen on how to store your food and clean up.
Group leaders responsibilities
• We trust the group leaders to maintain discipline and to make sure that all members of the group follow these few simple rules during the stay at the hostel.
• Group leaders are expected to inspect all the rooms before departure and report to the reception if there is anything broken or out of order. The receptionist can accompany you when you check the rooms.
• Kindly inspect all the rooms before departure and report to the reception if there is anything broken or out of order. The receptionist can accompany you when you check the rooms.
• Used bed linen should be put into the hampers located in the stairwell on each floor.
• Please return all the keycards to the reception.
• You are welcome to use the guest kitchen. The kitchens are open for all our guests so we ask you to be considerate and clean up after yourselves.
• Free Wi-Fi and Internet access is available in all hostels.
• Washing machines and dryers as well as drying facilities are available for guests use for small fee.
• There are lockers in all dormitories with private bathroom. Padlocks are sold at reception.
• You can rent/buy hairdryers, alarm clocks and towels at the reception.
If something is not clear please ask at the reception.
We would like to point out to you that you are staying at a green hostel and we ask you to respect the sorting procedures in the hostels. Bins for cans and bottles are located in every hallway and common area. Other waste can be sorted at the coffee bar and in the guest kitchens. All chemicals used for cleaning, toilet paper, hand towels, and hand soap carry the Nordic Eco Label or the Eu. flower eco label. Please do not leave the lights on or let the water run unnecessarily.