Car Rental Prices 2014
High season 2014
Valid from June 15th to August 19th 2014*
Please click here to view the high season prices for car rental packages in a new window.
Off season 2014
Valid from January 1st to June 14th & from August 20th to December 31st 2014*
Please click here to view the off season prices for car rental packages in a new window.
The prices are valid for the whole package, not per person. Please contact us at email@example.com if you need any other combination of:
- Car type
- Number of persons
- Number of days with car
- Number of nights at hostels
- If you are travelling with children under 13 years of age
- Preferred room type
Car rental extra fees
Car pick up and/or drop off at airport: 4.800 ISK (per rental)
SCDW insurance*** (car types A-D): 1.600 ISK (per day)
SCDW insurance*** (car types M-E): 2.700 ISK (per day)
Car seats for children (max 6.900 ISK per rental): 900 ISK (per day)
Luggage trailers (car types E, I and J): 5.400 ISK (per day)
Additional driver (2 included in packages): 3.500 ISK (per day)
GPS system (max 18.000 ISK per rental): 1.800 ISK (per day)
One way fee - car types A-D 13.500 ISK (per rental)
One way fee - car types M-E 22.800 ISK (per rental)
- One way fee is charged if a car is dropped off at a location different from the pick up place. This does not apply to the car rental office in Skeifan Reykjavík, and Keflavík Airport.
- Airport fee is only paid once per rental
- GPS systems and car seats need to be requested before arrival
- Please note that 7 and 8 seated cars have limited luggage facilities when all seats are taken. A luggage trailer is therefore advised (only available for car types E, I ,J and K type).
- Luggage trailer needs to be requested before arrival
- GPS self-liability is 50.000 ISK (not incl. in SCDW) in case of lost or destroyed instrument
* HI Iceland reserves the right to change these prices in view of tax changes.
** Rooms with private bathrooms are available at Reykjavík City, Reykjavík Downtown, Loft Hostel, Laugarvatn, Höfn, Akranes, Borgarnes, Reyðarfjörður, Seyðisfjörður, Siglufjörður, Grundarfjörður and Ytra Lón
***We recommend that our customers buy SCDW since the difference between CDW self-liability and SCDW self-liability is severe. You find further information here.