Hostels - More Than Just Accommodation
Although the main focus of the hostels is to provide a comfortable accommodation at an affordable price, a hostel is more than just a place to sleep. Each hostels is unique with its own history and charm, which helps making your stay at our hostels a truly enjoyable experience.
- You can choose from 35 Hostelling International Hostels (HI Hostels) around the country. For detailed information on each hostel see our map.
- Budget accommodation with optional self service when traveling at minimum cost.
- Each hostel is unique.
- New hostels with modern facilities and old charming renovated hostels but all with a friendly and helpful service from the staff.
- Ideal places for individuals, families and groups.
- The hostels are open to people of all ages.
- Mostly 2-6 bedded rooms.
- All hostels, except Fljótsdalur hostel, offer 2-bedded rooms.
- Duvets and pillows are always complimentary, just bring your own bed linen or rent it at the hostel.
- You may use a sleeping bag if you prefer.
- Bring your own towels and soap.
- If you do not especially ask for a family or a private room you get a bed in a shared room with other people.
- These hostels offer rooms with private bathrooms: Reykjavík City, Reykjavík Downtown, Loft Hostel, Laugarvatn, Grundarfjörður, Borgarnes, Akranes, Siglufjörður, Ytra Lón, Reyðarfjörður and Höfn. Other hostels offer only rooms with shared facilities.
- Every hostel has a well equipped guest kitchen for individual cooking, at no extra cost.
- Most hostels serve breakfast and some also dinner, lunch and packed lunch.
- Dinner and lunch should be ordered in advance.
- All hostels offer a variety of exciting activities at the hostels or in the neighborhood.
- Rafting, angling, swimming, hiking, riding, and glacier tours are among activities on offer.